Herbal Healing for Horses - A Four Week Online Class
Time & Location
About the Event
As a horse owner and herbalist for over 23 years I have witnessed the healing power that plants have on animals. Because herbal medicine is inclusive and sustainable it can be a wonderful compliment to traditional veterinary care and provides you with the skills to care for yourself and your horse from a powerful and natural approach. During this fun and educational course you will learn about equine anatomy and physiology, how to create herbal preparations for your horse, natural modalities that work to address common equine health concerns as well as simple and powerful interventions for first aid and natural disasters.
There are so many different natural supplements and products out there for horses, having a knowledgeable and experienced guide is a must!
Here is all the great stuff you will learn by attending this course:
- How to implement simple and effective natural approaches to help support common equine health concerns.
- Build your own herbal apothecary so that you can make herbs a regular part of your horse’s wellness plan.
- Create your own herbal teas, powders and liquid extracts.
- Strengthen your horse’s digestive health through natural approaches.
- Build up your skill set in helping horses recover from sports injuries while staying cool, calm and collected.
- Create a powerful natural first aid kit to use on horses and humans alike.
- Provide holistic support to horses/livestock during natural disasters.
- Use flower essences and other energy medicine modalities to support the healing process.
This online course includes:
- 8 hours of in-person instruction offered online which is grouped into 4 cleary organized modules.
- PDF Handouts and recipe booklets for each module which contain a variety of effective and easy to prepare herbal formulas.
- Membership into a private Facebook group which will be moderated by Jordan Stanton to deepen your real time application of the material.
- Access to Jordan Stanton, seasoned herbalist and horsewoman during the course for email Q & A’s.
- The ability to work at your own pace and watch the video calls at time that works best for you, although participation in the live classes is ideal.
When, where and how much:
When: Wednesdays September 22 - October 13 via Zoom Video Conferencing Platform.
From: 5:30-7:30pm PST - if you can’t make it you will have access to the recording to work with the material at your own pace.
Investment: $275 for the 4 weeks!
WEEK 1: The Roots of Wellness
During this class we will explore the foundations of creating vibrant health for your equine partner through natural healing modalities.
You will learn how to create your own herbal preparations including teas, powders and liquid extracts. You will also learn about the key herbs we will be diving into during the overall course to create your very own equine herbal apothecary to support a variety of health concerns.
WEEK 2: Nourishing the Digestive System
The equine digestive system is complex, delicate and can be impacted negatively by the ways that most horses are kept.
During this week’s course you will learn about simple practices and herbal protocols to strengthen the digestive system and how to successfully work with common digestive complaints that many horse owners face.
WEEK 3: Recovery and Rehabilitation
Horses are incredible athletes and can be prone to injuries.
Herbal medicine is a wonderful adjunct to traditional medicine when it comes to helping your horse recover from an injury.
This week’s course covers internal and external recipes and protocols to speed healing and keep your horse calm during the recovery process.
WEEK 4: Herbal First Aid & Holistic Disaster Preparedness
During our last class you will learn to create your very own herbal first aid kit to have on hand at your barn. This includes topical preparations, homeopathic products, and herbal recipes that you can create and use to help your horse during times of trauma or stress. In addition we will cover herbal and flower essence support for wildfires and natural disasters.
Many of these recipes are excellent for humans as well!
- While enrolled in the course you will have access to a 10% discount on all equine herbal products and equine wellness consultations in my shop!
Over the past 20 years as an herbalist and educator I have positively impacted the lives of thousands of people and animals.
Here are a few testimonials about my work!
"Participating in Jordan Stanton’s ‘Herbal Healing for Horses’ class was a wonderful treat for many reasons! Jordan is a fabulous, warm, knowledgeable teacher and a spectacular person. She easily performed the challenging feat of keeping a group engaged, focused and sharing together during the four week two hour long Zoom class. Not only was a great way to connect with other like minded horse women, but Jordan’s knowledge of how to treat horses with herbs was truly helpful for how to care for my two horses. I also did a private session with her for specific guidance around my horses health which was incredibly insightful. I highly recommend her class, working with her and all that she offers!"
- Tara Coyote, Eponaquest certified teacher (Equine Facilitated Learning)
“Before I met Jordan my young mare was having severe cycles every 21 days. She would give herself urine scalding, walk with her head down and a dullness to her demeanor. Thanks to Jordan and her special care and herbal blend my mare now has less side effects of her cycle. No more urine scalding, and she is much more comfortable and happy! Thank you Jordan for your care. Your herbal blend was a savior.”- Dawn B. Veterinary Hospital Manager - Novato, CA
“My horse Chuck has been on a blend of herbs that Jordan created for about a year. Jordan has been great from the very first phone consultation. She knew just what he needed and got it put together in a timely fashion. Chuck is normally very sensitive when saddling and without the herbs he bites the air and shows discomfort. When he is on his herbal blend he is much happier and quieter while being saddled. He can even be grumpy with his neighbors in his pen but on the herbs he seems much more content. Jordan has done a great job and I appreciate all she has done for Chuck and I.” - Shannon L. SL Horsemanship - Petaluma, CA
"Jordan was one of my very first herbal teachers. Her passion, knowledge and grounded, loving, inspired approach introduced me to what has become a lifelong love for the many ways plants, people and animals support each other. Every time I use alfalfa for anything, be it on my farm or in my tea, I remember hearing Jordan say “if this can fuel a racehorse, imagine what it can do for you!“ - Michelle Plata
- Herbal Healing for Horses$275$2750$0