Herbal Healing for Horses - Year Long Herbal Practicum Program
Giddy Up Herbalists ! Join me for the Herbal Healing for Horses Practicum Program. A one of a kind year long program focusing on herbs, wellness and holistic horsewomanship practices.
Time & Location
Jan 13, 5:30 PM PST – Dec 08, 7:30 PM PST
Zoom Video Conferencing Platform
About the Event
Open to students who have attended my Herbal Healing for Horses classes and other experienced herbalists looking to deepen their knowledge, this course provides structure for those interested in deeper exploration of using herbs and flower essences with horses and includes medicine making, herbal formulating and seasonally based equine health practices.
In addition, this program also includes holistic horsewomanship tools and perspectives to create vibrant well-being in horses.
This one of a kind program is seasonally based and runs for twelve months (you also have the option to do a season at a time). It will provide you with a powerful container to deepen your skills, increase your confidence, build connections with like minded horse women from all over the world and, if you feel called to gain certification in the art & science of using herbs with horses. Nothing compares to learning by doing! Click here to learn about my certificate program.
The seasonal design of this program allows for deeper connection to natural cycles, enhances your ability to develop equine seasonal health plans and utilizes overarching themes which strengthens learning.
The format includes the following components (which have been enhanced based on feedback from participants in the summertime program) and is offered from January 2022 thru August 2022.
Six online meetings per season include:
- Seasonal Ritual/Women's Circles: Steeped in the feminine, magic and earth wisdom these seasonal circles will allow us to expand and deepen our connection to each other, the earth and horse wisdom. They will also provide a grounded, in-depth experience of the theme we will be working with for the season.
- Medicine Making Modules: These modules will occur once a season and will include live, seasonal medicine making sessions. They will provide skills, instruction and guidance on the use of a specific medicine making practice that will be used throughout the coming season with our horses and ourselves.
- Herbal Practice Circles: These two-hour circles will be focused on equine case studies, herbal medicine making, herbal formulation and the development of equine holistic health plans.
- Guest Speakers: World renowned professionals from the horse world as well as herbalists and healers from various traditions will join our circle multiple times a season to deepen and enhance our knowledge and wisdom.
- Lifelong activist, permaculturalist, master facilitator and ceremonialist trained in multiple lineages including Lakota, Cherokee, Pagan, and Jewish ceremonial traditions, Eden Trenor. Learn more about Eden here.
- Horseman, clinician & cattleman, Chris Ellsworth. Learn more about Chris here.
- Death, Dying & Grief with Horses Panel Discussion - with panelists, Ron Robinson equine aftercare expert and Jennifer Bernstien, Veterinary Chaplain.
- Herbalist, Director of the Northeast School of Botanical Medicine & Director of Holistic Medicine at the Ithaca Free Clinic, and herbal first aid expert, 7Song. Learn more about 7song here.
- Community herbalist, Abulea (in training), traditional foods, flower essences and curanderismo, Damiana. Learn more about Damiana via Instagram @laluneria.
- Author, world renowned herbalist and wisewoman, Robin Rose Bennett. Learn more about Robin here.
- Founder and Creator of the company Earthsong Ranch, Jessica Lynn. Learn more about Jessica here.
* More guest speakers are being added so please check back for an updated list!
In addition, practicum participants will receive a monthly guidebook which will provide deeper insights into the themes for each season as well as recipes and other practices to deepen your experience with horses and plants.
Also as a special bonus, each participant will receive one 30-minute horsewomanship mentoring session per season with Jordan Stanton. These sessions will provide you with an opportunity to discuss challenges going on with your own horse and will deepen your understanding of the practical use of herbs, nutrition and horsewomanship in the process.
Lastly, all meetings will be recorded and you will have evergreen access to the material!
Dates & Times:
Jan. 13, 27
Feb. 10, 24
April: 7, 21
May: 5, 19
June: 2, 16
July: 7, 21
Aug. 4, 18
Oct. 6, 20
Nov. 3, 17
Investment: $350 per season or $1200 for the year long program which offers $200 in savings!
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to pay per season or to discuss payment plans.
I invite you to listen to your heart and soul and to join this circle if you feel called. Group numbers are purposefully kept small to create depth and intimacy with the circle.